• The strip is then placed under a high high-powered scope to select individual hair follicle units containing 1 to 4 hair strands.
• Once harvested, these grafts are to be handled with a lot of care so that they are not damaged or do not dry up.
• At CROWN, the hair follicles are treated extremely delicately like newborn babies.The follicles are preserved in isotonic ringer lactate sterile solution
• Meanwhile, the scalp at the donor site will be closed with the trichophytic closure, which allows hair growth through the scar as well.
• The sutures dissolve in 3 to 4 weeks from the date of surgery. The donor area heals with a fine scar that is usually not very evident due to hair growing through it.
• The hair follicles will then be inserted carefully into the tiny incisions made in the balding areas of the scalp. These tiny incisions are the guiding factor in determining the angle and direction of the hair to be transplanted.
• An antibiotic ointment will be applied to the scalp post-implantation
and a moist bandage is given. The patient revisits the clinic after 48 hours of surgery.
• The first shampoo post-surgery is performed at the clinic, and the patient is taught how to do the same.
The post-operative phase after FUT and FUE are almost identical.