Hair grafting, an integral part of a hair transplant is essentially a hair replacement procedure performed on an outpatient basis at the dermatological surgeon’s clinic.
According to the plastic surgeon from the best hair clinic in Delhi, there were five types of hair grafts namely originally :
Your scalp is injected and sedated with local anesthesia to offer comfort and relaxation during the time of insertion of the grafts.
• After the completion of the surgery, your scalp may experience minimal tenderness and may need you to take pain-relief medications for a few to several days.
• Your scalp may be covered with bandages for at least 2 days.
• Your surgeon may recommend doses of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs to be taken for many days.
• According to the best hair transplant surgeons in Delhi, the majority of people can expect to resume work and normal daily chores 2 to 5 days post-surgery.
• Inside a time span of 2 to 3 weeks following the surgery, the transplanted hair will be falling out gradually.
• However, the growth of new hair will commence within a few months.
• During this period, many surgeons prescribe Minoxidil, a topical drug widely believed to improve the growth of hair after a transplant.
• Ideally, the growth of hair happens following a regular cycle.
• As stated by a leading hair transplant surgeon in Delhi, for the duration of the anagen phase which continues for 2 to 6 years or more, hair growth is observed.
• In the course of the telogen phase that lasts approximately 3 months, the growth takes a sabbatical and the hair takes rest.
• During the culmination of the telogen phase, the old hair falls out before being replaced by new hair.
• As stated by a reputed hair specialist in Delhi, with age, men exhibit the tendency of losing hair from the top of the head which in the end leaves behind a ring of hair encircling the sides.
• This is referred to as male pattern baldness (MPB).
• It arises because of a genetic predisposition and the presence of sensitivity of the receptors to Dihydroxytestosterone, a byproduct of testosterone, the male reproductive hormone.
• In the case of female pattern baldness, thinning of hair all through the top of the scalp takes place while keeping the hair in the front unharmed usually. Sometimes females might as well have a receding hairline like male-pattern and males may also have generalised thinning preserving the hairline like females.